Alphabet Monkey Blanket
Alphabet Monkey Blanket by Melanie Fraser
Help little monkeys learn their ABCs with this soft and cuddly throw. We're 10 blocks in, so come back for more in the next three issues.
Red Heart Soft Yarn, 5oz/140g balls each approx, 256yd/234m (100% acrylic)
- 5 balls #4601 Off White (A)
- 8 balls #4422 Tangerine (B)
- 3 balls #1882 Toast (C)
- 3 balls #9114 Honey (D)
- 1 ball #9820 Mid Blue (E)
- 1 ball #3729 Grape (F)
- 1 ball #4420 Guacamole (G)
- 1 ball #5142 Cherry Red (H)
- 1 ball #4614 Black (J)
- 1 ball #2541 Sky Blue (K)
Note Yarn amounts are for entire blanket.
- 1 pair size 8 (5mm) knitting needles
- 1 set size 8 (5mm) double pointed knitting needles for I-Cord border
- Yarn needle
Each Block measures 10"/25.5cm
Finished Blanket measures 50" by 50"/127cm by 127cm
20 sts and 22 rows = 4"/10cm in Stockinette st
For the i-cord edging around the outside of the blanket, cast on 4 stitches, picking up the first one from the edging of the blanket. Then work like a normal attached i-cord in k1, p1, reversing on the next row to p1, k1 [to make seed stitch].
NOTE ABOUT PATTERNS
This is only a preview of the pattern available in Your Knitting Life magazine, so you can see the yarn and ensure you have the necessary supplies. If you have specific questions about this pattern, please email the editorial staff.